Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Day 10

Well, my weekend wasn't too hard. Friday was rough due to issues at work and well, a really bad headache that would not quit. Having family time Sunday and hearing all of my cheerleaders supporting me gave me the boost I really needed to keep on going. Today is Day 10 and my weight this AM was 293.4 (14.2 pounds total lost). I went to see my Endocrinologist to get my blood-work results and was happy to report, my numbers are all exceptional except the LDL (cholesterol). We were both perplexed. How is this possible with a liquid protein diet, 240calories, no carbs, and 60g of protein?

A while later we discovered it was basically a common thing when folks have no/low carbs diets, high LDL is not necessarily a super bad thing. She suggested adding carbs once a day to this diet and we will update and do a deeper cholesterol panel in November for comparison. So I formally decided to continue with 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off. We agreed my time off would be "Clean Eating". This means nothing processed (no CANS!). I will avoid too many carbs (purchased some protein crips for snacking that should cover carbs). I am excited because I enjoyed the clean eating when I did some of it before. It is so nice to use real veggies and lean meats with cheeses to get so much natural flavor in meals.

Tonight, I had 3/4 cup of pasta (whole grain) with organic red pasta and grass fed beef. I added 4 pepperoni for flavor and a Tsp of shredded low fat cheese. I wonder what this will do to my # in the AM on the scale?

On a personal note, a church friend reached out to me today at work and said God had placed me in her mind often today. She was checking in. God knew I needed the extra support given a tough situation I am in. God also sent a FB friend with Bible Verses he posted yesterday. They seemed customized for my tough situation,

Proverbs 17:27-28. HCSB.
27 The intelligent person restrains his words, and one who keeps a cool head is a man of understanding.
28 Even a fool is considered wise when he keeps silent, discerning when he seals his lips.

God is so very GOOD to me!

Some pics from the party:
The spread I was able to turn down! YEAH

Leah and Claudia

This little one loved watermelon.

The Cake. My sister did a great job!

Turner and Amy

Do I look like my Mama? Yep- No issue with that

Papa loved on all the little ones

Spongebob Balloons

The three musketeers (Chase, Leah and Kaylah)

This little man was wired! Chase is now 3!



No comments: